Sometimes spending all day in the kitchen cooking and cleaning is hard enough. Wouldn’t life be easier if there were useful kitchen gadgets to make time in the kitchen less stressful? Thankfully, there are options! Check out these items that can help save you time, effort, and space for an overall better cooking experience.
These electric items will help save you time in the kitchen.
Are you someone who loves to drink tea? Or maybe you don’t mind drinking instant coffee. An electric kettle is a simple and easy way to get boiling water without even having to turn on the stove! An electric kettle can also be used for boiling water quickly if you need it to cook pasta.
Hands-Free Can Opener
Sometimes dealing with opening a bunch of cans by hand is the last thing you want to deal with. It can be messy and sticky, and hand held can openers can easily rust if not cared for correctly. With an electric can opener, you’ll find the whole process of opening cans quick and effortless.
An electric skillet is not only an extremely versatile item, it also holds a steady temperature more effectively than a pot on stove making it cook foods more quickly. The 6-In-1 Electric Skillet sold by BSTY for example, allows users to grill, fry, boil, broil, simmer and steam foods in no time at all! Once you get this item, you’ll wonder how you ever went without it.
Here’s a delicious appetizer you can easily make for your next party thanks to the BSTY electric skillet. This baguette with shrimp and avocado will be the perfect finger food to get the party started.
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup diced pimento peppers
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp minced cilantro
Salt, to taste
1 baguette, sliced on the bias
12 medium shrimp
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup prepared guacamole
1. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, onion, peppers, red wine vinegar, and cilantro. Season with salt and toss to combine.
2. Heat the griddle over medium heat. Toast the bread, flipping halfway through, until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Toss the shrimp with the oil and season with salt. Heat the grill pan over high heat and grill the shrimp until cooked through.
4. To serve, spread the toasted baguette generously with guacamole. Top with the onion and pepper mixture, then the shrimp.
These ‘hands-on’ devices will add efficiency and versatility for ease of use.
Some people call them scoopers while others call them a disher, but either way this tool can really come in handy. Traditionally, a scooper might be used for ice cream, but you can also scoop up perfectly sized cookie dough, mashed potatoes, and other foods into perfectly uniform portions.
You may be surprised by this kitchen tool item, but a quality pair of kitchen shears can be very useful to keep in your kitchen as it works great on different items. Kitchen shears can remove food from packages, cut herbs, easily slice off fatty parts of meat, trim parchment paper and so much more!
When you get one of these devices, you’ll wonder how you ever made it by without one! An apple corer quickly removes unwanted cores from an apple. You can swiftly cut up apples for pies or other desserts which can cut down on prep time. You can also use it for your kids so you can give them apples without having to worry about the seeds or core.
A hand blender is a quick and effective way to blend up as well as chop a variety of food items. With a hand blender you can easily make soup or even puree a homemade salad dressing. The BSTY hand blender offers a 5-In-1 hand blender that comes with stainless steel blades, potato masher, egg whisk, 16 oz food chopper and even a 22 oz mixing container.
Check out this quick and easy hummus recipe that you can make featuring the BSTY hand blender:
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, OR about 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
3 tablespoons tahini
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), plus more as needed
1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Drain the chickpeas into a strainer and rinse. *Chef’s Suggestion* If time and patience allow, pinch the skins from each of the chickpeas; this will make your hummus smoother.
2. Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of the food processor fitted with the blade attachment or blender.
3. Blend hummus continuously until smooth, at least 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to integrate any large chunks.
4. Taste the hummus and add more of any of the ingredients to taste. If your hummus is stiffer than you'd like, blend 2 to 3 tablespoons of additional olive oil to thin it out and make the hummus creamier.
5. Transfer the hummus into a bowl and enjoy with pita wedges, pita chips, or raw vegetables.
If you have a small kitchen, these space saving items are a dream come true.
Collapsible Food Storage Containers
Thanks to this nifty device, you can save much needed space in your cupboards or drawers. These collapsible bowls save space so organizing is a breeze. You also won’t have to worry about losing lids as they attach easily to the container.
Bendable Cutting Boards
When cutting your veggies or meat on a bendable cutting board, all you have to do is fold the board in half and then add everything directly into your bowl or pot. Gone are the days of awkwardly holding your chopped up items and carrying them to the pot, while making a mess at the same time. The boards are also extremely thin, making them a space saver in your kitchen!
With a pressure cooker, you’ll find that you can make a variety of meals easily and quickly, saving you time in the kitchen without having to sacrifice taste. BSTY offers a 7-In-One Pressure Cooker that is not only a pressure cooker but features a slow cooker option as well. The cooker also has a number of one touch cook settings so you can easily cook meat/stew, chicken/poultry, pasta, rice, steam/veggies and even cake among others! With all the different settings, you won’t have to waste space by having a number of different pots and pans lying around.
Check out this easy Sausage and Pesto Recipe recipe featuring the pressure cooker option on the BSTY 7-In-One Pressure Cooker. This easy recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner option. From start to finish, your dinner can be on the table in about 20 minutes!
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 oz Spaghetti
2 cup Water
3/4 cup Pesto
1/3 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
1 tbsp Lemon juice, adjust to taste
Red Chili Flakes optional
Romano or Parmesan cheese, optional
Basil leaves to garnish
1. Break spaghetti in half (or smaller if you like) and place it in the BSTY Pressure Cooker. Add water, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and olive oil.
2. Toss the spaghetti to coat and cover with the liquid. Close the lid of the pot with vent in sealing position.
3. Press the Pasta button and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. The time to cook is usually 1 minute less than half of the suggested time on the pasta box. This will give you al dente pasta.
4. When the cooking time is complete, select Cancel and use the quick pressure release value. Wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to release until the red floater valve drops down, and then carefully open the lid.
5. Toss the spaghetti with tongs, so all the noodles are separated.
6. Mix in the lemon juice if adding. Garnish with red chili flakes and cheese.