Beef Mac and Cheese
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, diced small
1 red pepper, diced small
1½ teaspoon dried oregano
1½ teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
1 cup beef stock
¼ cup ketchup
½ pound dried elbow macaroni
1½ cups grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper, for serving
1. Start by pressing the "SAUTE’" button, using the -/+ buttons set the timer to 8 minutes, and then press "START".
2. Add olive oil and ground beef to cooker.
3. Break beef into large chunks and brown.
4. Add onions, peppers and seasonings. Cook until fragrant, stirring well. Add tomatoes, stock, ketchup, and macaroni.
5. Close lid and lock.
6. Press “PASTA” and set it to 5 minutes.
7. When done, the pressure cooker will automatically switch to "keep warm" mode. When you're ready to eat press the "OFF" button, select RELEASE to release the pressure from the cooker, and then wait for the RED floater valve to drop down before opening the lid.
8. Stir in grated cheese and season with salt and pepper before enjoying.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.