Green Chile Lime Salsa Rice
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
1 can (7 oz.) diced green chilies with juice (not Jalapenos)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup salsa (*Chef’s Suggestion* I used Medium Pace Picante Sauce)
1 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice, divided
1 cup long-grain rice
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Select Rice and add olive oil to the BSTY Pressure Cooker. When the oil is hot, add the chopped onions. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the cumin and diced green chilies with juice and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the salsa, chicken or vegetable stock, and 1 tablespoon lime juice and bring to a boil.
3. Once the liquid is boiling, stir in the rice.
4. Select Rice High Pressure and set timer for 3 minutes. When cooking is complete, select Cancel then turn the valve to quick release the pressure.
5. When the valve drops carefully remove the lid, tilting away from you to allow the steam to disperse. Stir in one tablespoon of lime juice and the chopped cilantro. Cover the rice and let it steam for two minutes before serving.
If you'd like the rice a bit spicier, serve with Green Tabasco Sauce or your favorite hot sauce to add more heat.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.