Homemade Tomato Sauce
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
1. Wash the tomatoes.
2. Quarter or halve them so they’re all about the same size.
3. Fill a pot with the tomatoes.
4. Put that pot over medium heat and cook for an hour or so until tomatoes have reduced.
5. Remove pot from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.
6. Use the BSTY hand blender to blend the tomatoes into a smooth consistency.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.