Honey Sesame Chicken
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 lbs.)
Freshly ground pepper and salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce*
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 cup honey*
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons cornstarch + 1 1/2 tbsp water
2 green onions, chopped
Sesame seeds, toasted
Rice, for serving
1. Seasons chicken with freshly ground pepper.
2. Preheat the BSTY Pressure Cooker using the Sauté setting.
3. Add oil, onion, garlic, and chicken to the pot and saute stirring occasionally until onion is softened about 3 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce, ketchup, red pepper flakes, and water to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine.
5. Select Meat for 30 minutes.
6. When finished cooking, quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid.
7. Add sesame oil and honey to the pot and stir to combine.
8. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water and add to the pot. Select Saute and simmer until sauce thickens.
9. Serve over rice sprinkled with sesame seeds and green onions.
When preparing this recipe with the 8 QT pressure cooker, the pressure release will be different than on a 6 QT. You must use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.