Key Lime Pie
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 5 crackers
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup fresh key lime juice*
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons grated key lime zest
Whipped Cream, for serving
1. Prepare a 7-inch springform pan by coating it with a non-stick spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press the mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan to form the crust. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are light yellow. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until thickened.
4. Slowly add in the lime juice and beat until smooth. Next, stir in the sour cream and key lime zest. Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter on top of the crust. Cover the top of the springform pan with aluminum foil.
5. Pour 1 cup of water into the BSTY Pressure Cooker and place the trivet on the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a foil sling** (see notes below) and lower it into the pressure cooking pot. Fold the foil sling down so that it doesn't interfere with closing the lid.
6. Lock the lid in place. Select CAKE High Pressure and set the timer for 15 minutes. When the timer is up, select RELEASE and wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to escape and the red floater valve drops, and then remove the lid carefully.
7. Slowly remove the pie and check to see if the middle is set. If not, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool and remove the aluminum foil. When the pie is cooled, cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
*If you can’t find key limes, you can substitute 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/4 cup lime juice. Make a sling with a 20-inch piece of aluminum foil, folded three times lengthwise.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.