Old Fashioned Chili Dog Sauce
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
2 cups cooked pinto beans
2 cups beef stock
8 oz ground beef
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1/2 cup minced onion
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
kosher salt to taste
2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
1. Combine the beans, beef stock, and ground beef in the BSTY Pressure Cooker.
2. Use a potato masher to mash the beans and ground beef to a very fine consistency.
3. Add the tomato paste, mustard, onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic, white vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Place the lid on the BSTY Pressure Cooker and turn to the locked position.
5. Turn the steam release valve to sealing.
6. Press the Multigrain button and adjust the time for 5 minutes.
7. When the cooking time is done, select Cancel and use a quick pressure release. Wait until the pin drops then carefully remove the lid.
8. Stir the sauce well. Taste for seasoning adjustment and add kosher salt as needed.
9. Stir in hot sauce to add a kick to the chili dog sauce.
Canned beans may be used for this recipe. If you want to cook fresh beans: Pressure cook two cups of pinto beans in six cups of water at high pressure for 40 minutes. Allow the Pressure Cooker to naturally release. Rinse and strain the beans (canned or pressure cooked) before using it in this recipe.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.