Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats with Granola
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup steel-cut oats
3 cups water
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup, plus extra for serving
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Granola, for serving
1. Add butter to the BSTY pressure cooking pot, then select Multigrain. When the butter is melted add the oats to toast. Stir constantly, until they smell nutty, about 3 minutes.
2. Add water, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and stir. Press Cancel and Select Multigrain on High Pressure for 10 minutes.
3. When the cooking time is complete, select Cancel and use the quick pressure release value. Wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to release until the red floater valve drops down, and then carefully open the lid.
4. Stir the oats. Slowly remove cooking pot from the BSTY Pressure Cooker and let the oats rest in the cooking pot uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes until the oats thicken to the desired consistency.
5. Serve warm with granola and maple syrup if desired.
Try pecan pie granola for more flavorful oats. Add milk when serving for a creamy texture.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.