Southern Indian Beef Curry
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
6 tablespoons oil
1 beef chuck roast (2-3 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ white onion, chopped
½ cup tomatoes, chopped and drained
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 yellow potatoes, chopped
2 cups coconut milk
A handful cilantro, freshly Chopped
Rice, for serving
1. Select Sauté on the BSTY Pressure Cooker, add the oil, Adjust to "High", then press Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
2. Sear the meat in small batches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Take out of the pot and set aside.
3. Add in your minced garlic, chopped onion, tomatoes, and ginger. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add in all the spices and mix well. Cook for 10 minutes, until a paste has formed. .
5. Place the beef back in the pot along with the potatoes and coconut milk.
6. Select the Meat function, set cook time for 35 minutes.
7. When cooking is done, select Cancel and use a quick pressure release. Wait until the pin drops then carefully remove the lid.
8. Boil the curry until it reaches the desired thickness.
9. Serve curry over rice with some freshly chopped cilantro.
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.