Stuffed Pepper Soup
September 7, 2019
servings per container
Amount Per Serving
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup finely diced onion
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cans (14.5 oz each) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
2 cups reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. Spray the BSTY Pressure Cooker with nonstick spray the press the Sauté button. Add the ground beef, season with salt and cook until the meat is no longer pink about 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Drain fat if any, then mix in the peppers, onions, and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and select Soup on high pressure for 10 minutes.
4. When the cooking time is done, select Cancel and use a quick pressure release. Wait until the pin drops then carefully remove the lid.
5. Serve about 1 1/2 cups of soup in each bowl and top with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.
Omit the brown rice for paleo diet-friendly meal
Before opening the pressure cooker, use one of the included plastic or other utensil to carefully turn the pressure valve to "RELEASE" and then wait 2-3 minutes for the steam to be released and the red floater valve is in the down position before opening the cooker. When opening the cooker, use pot holders, and always keep your body, face and hands away from the steam vent. Be sure to stand behind the lid as you open it so the hot steam and condensation don't get on you. As with all kitchen appliances, be sure to keep the cooker out of reach of children.